Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks

Marji Kruger, from Anchor Your Life, noted these passages about thanks in an e-mail (Thought for the Day) sent to subscribers (a free service):


Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (NIV) 2 Corinthians 9:15

** Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. (NIV) 1 Chronicles 16:34
** Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. (NIV) Psalm 100:4
** You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you. (NIV) Psalm 118:28
** The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. (NIV) Psalm 28:7
** Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. (NIV) 1 Chronicles 16:8

** . . .thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (NIV) 1 Corinthians 15:57
** Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (NIV) 2 Corinthians 9:15
** I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. (NIV) 1 Timothy 1:12
** But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. (NIV) Romans 6:17
** Thanks be to God-- through Jesus Christ our Lord! (NIV) Romans 7:25
** give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV) 1 Thessalonians 5:18

** We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. (NIV) 1 Thessalonians 1:2
** We ought always to thank God for you, brothers (and sisters), and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. (NIV) 2 Thessalonians 1:3
** I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. (NIV) 1 Corinthians 1:4

We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. (NIV) Revelation 11:17

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home